Friday, October 26, 2012

Done with Sesame street?


With the latest tirade against the Public Broadcast Service (PBS) by republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney during the first debate, it is worth to look at a world without PBS through children’s eyes. Much has already been said of the short-sightedness of Romney’s statement: “I’m sorry, Jim. I’m going to stop the subsidy to PBS. I’m going to stop other things. I like PBS. I love Big Bird. I actually like you, too. But I’m not going to
— I’m not going to keep on spending money on things to borrow money from China to pay for it." Basically Romney has told American children that he loves them, but it's not worth paying a big yellow bird to teach them things. 
Sesame street and many other educational TV shows might be down graded because of this choice to stop their money flow from the government. PBS is paid over 45 million dollars a year to entertain and teach our children. What will happen if a smaller income gets pushed their way? 

source: www.scientificamerican.com 

1 comment:

  1. PBS isn't even taking that much money to fund their programs by the government. Romney should focus on something else.

    ReplyDelete